Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 3: Breathing 1:4:2

It's been quite a long while since I had meditated and it's really refreshing to have it as part of the routine in KFB. Often, I had wanted to set aside time to get back into short meditation, yet there's always some convenient excuse lurking not do it. So thank you Patrick for putting it in!

I had decided to take my quiet moment during meditation to just focus on one thing - breathing and it's amazing how much I am enjoying it! It really a mind therapy to enjoy the breathe. Generally, I keep to the 1:4:2 rule, eg, breathing in for 4 counts, holding my breathe for 16 counts and breathing out in 8 counts. It took a little getting used to, yet it really allowed my body and mind to calm down and relax.

Give it a shot! If it's too long, cut to 3counts in:12counts hold: 6counts out!

Take time to breath and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment